AoY Podcast #63 – Anime 82 Podcast 21 Question Series
Also known as: “You get the pizza while I get the crust…”
and also: “Bubblegum… Chewing… Ass… I dunno…”
Download Episode HERE! (Total Time: 2:00:20)
So, Zeonic is currently having some PC issues which sort of hinders any kind of recording for the next couple of weeks. But, as a treat to fill in something at the end of March (MADNESS!!), we did a recording for Regan over at Anime 82 Podcast long ago. How long you say? Well, try the end of November 2013. As of now, Regan current release schedule these days is rather inconsistant, so we’d figure we can give you guys the raw audio for this to enjoy.
(0:00 – 2:00:20) Regan Strongbadz Anime 82 Podcast 21 Questions Series: Since Regan is one to “condense” his audio recordings to fit in a certain time frame, most of our answers have been cut in the past two releases. We’re not doing this out of (TOTAL) spite, but rather for you guys to get THE TRUTH in what we have to say about his questions. Keep in mind, the things we say and mention are from over 16 months ago, so certain titles we mention and what not that haven’t been released have been released by now (like the Space Adventure Cobra series on DVD). We of course are not the only ones to do this, since the AWO crew knew this would happen and did theirs 15 months ago just to have something out during christmas. I should also mention, we got two more recordings that were made around the same time, so those might as well get released on our show. So sit back and enjoy our responses, as there’s is plenty more where that came from.
This is also not the first time Zeonic was ever on Anime 82 either, he has been on in the past for Regan last 21 Question series, and this 8 hour MECHA MADNESS block where he reviewed SPT Layzner before we ever got too it.
1. What was the last fansubbed that you watched?
2. What’s the big diff from anime now than anime from the 80’s and 90’s?
3. How has it improved and worsened in the past 10 years?
4. What were some of the current shows in anime you were impressed by?
5. What anime have we gone back to rewatch the most?
6. Which studio has declined in quality compared to the golden age of anime?
7. What is the most underappreciated anime of all time?
8. Who is the next big dog of anime?
9. What’s your favorite magical girl anime?
10. What is an aspect of contemp anime that has improved?
11. What is the most important anime of the non golden era of anime?
12. What is your favorite anime of the 80’s and 90’s and why?
13. Do you feel that we live in reality starved times?
14. Is there any anime titles you are embarrassed to admit?
15. What’s your favorite Ghibli title? whats your least favorite?
16. How do you compare earlier dubs to contemporary dubs?
17. Are you reading any manga?
18. What’s an anime title that listeners might have forgotten about?
19. What’s a new anime that has taken newer creative risk?
20. Do you feel that your passion for anime is not what it once was?
21. Do you have a question for other podcasters out there?
ED – He’s back to tell the truth, to set things straight…
This show has:
A product of the 90’s made over a decade later
Wow…. these dubs are kinda bad…
AoY Podcast #62 – Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin “Blue Eyed Casval” OVA Review
Also known as: “GUNTANKS ARMS ARE NOT GREY, DER BLUE!”
and also: “But being black is like being autistic…”
Download Episode HERE! (Total Time: 1:32:21)
Contribute to our Indiegogo Campaign!!!!
It sure seems that were on some kinda Gundam bandwagon, with us talking about Gundam the Origin manga in the last episode, and now the recent release of the Origin anime. We figured now is the time to hit the bullseye with our bulky grey pre-One Year War Guntank before it grinds to a halt and we don’t care as much. So, let’s dive into Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin I “Blue Eyed Casval.”
(0:00 – 52:00) Review: Mobile Suit Gundam – The Origin I “Blue Eyed Casval”: It seems that when anime gets adapted from a manga source, people seem to be up in arms about the final outcome, which is usually for the worse. However, Jonn and Zeonic believe this is a pretty good adaptation in terms that Jonn has read Vol. 5 of the manga and Zeonic has not. So to Zeonic, this is all fresh to him, where as Jonn sees it as pretty accurate and better structured than in the manga. We of course start things off with the current decay of Radioshack, which then leads us to rant about current anime fans taste in anime, what is considered really “filler” in anime, diving into the “pre” Gundam universe, and how one should watch the Gundam series with Origin now being animated. Also, Colony Drop put out their initial reaction of this OVA, and it seems their viewpoint is a bit different than ours, or try a lot.
(52:00 – 1:32:21) Closing Remarks (a.k.a. more Chris Chan talk): Jonn and Zeonic spend a good amount of time closing things out with Zeonic trip to a comic book store in Athens G.A., the card game Superfight!, Marvel movie rights, R.I.P Leonard Nimoy and R.I.P USS Ranger (aka, the aircraft carrier in Top Gun and Star Trek IV), and of course breaking down the audio recording of a past love by our favorite lolcow. All this and more in this episode…
This show has:
Thank you Doomstink for reminding me of Leonard Nimoy… (1:49 for the reference)
Ain’t this a bitch… #GundamTHEORIGIN pic.twitter.com/Eei9Gq5B7H
— A.O.Y Podcast (@AOYPodcast) March 5, 2015
This is pretty much my thoughts about Daisuki as a whole right now…